Categories Menu

Please note - We've migrated our forums to Wordpress

Users with 0 posts have been deleted, existing users will need to create a new password. Sign up or sign in here.

From Audacity to MP3 to iTunes – I have a hitch

Home Forums Tutorials From Audacity to MP3 to iTunes – I have a hitch

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mattb 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

lawkholmelad
    Participant

https://www.top-windows-tutorials.com/audacity-export.html

Hi, This is my first posting. I have found the tutorials on converting tape to MP3 very helpful.
    However, I hit a hitch after exporting multiples. Either I can’t find them; or they are in a format that won’t move across into iTunes; and when I do get through the morass (which is my mind) I take an age to list them in my iTunes Music. Please help – because I would like to move my exports directly into my iTunes Music.

iTunes give this advice for exporting directly into iTunes (paraphrase) ….in the exporting application set the destination folder as computerMusiciTunesiTunes MusicAutomatically add to iTunes

When I export as MP3 from Audacity the exporting application merely presents me with the metadata box – Where should I look for setting up my destination folder.

mattb
    Participant

Hi Lawkholmelad and welcome to the forum, sorry it’s been a few days before I saw your post. Anyway, I’m not really clear what’s going wrong here, but when I go to export a file in audacity, I get the standard windows file requester and I can place the file wherever I want. It should then only be a matter of putting them in the directory monitored by iTunes.

If that’s no help post back and I’ll try to help you further!

lawkholmelad1
    Participant

Thanks, Mattb, Had probs with logging in so am now lawkholmelad1.
    When I use “export multiple”, on the screen before the metadata pops up, I C:UserswindowsmusiciTunes. I use most of the metadata options.
    The program “exports” the files and lists them to prove so.
    Then = although I go to Music and rake through all the different screens – the only file I find is either an Audacity file or a _data file. All I want is for the selected tracks to be exported directly into my iTunes album list

mattb
    Participant

Hi again,

I just tried the export multiple option and didn’t have a problem, are you sure you are looking in the right folder? Open up Windows explorer and browse directly to the C:UserswindowsmusiciTunes folder and sort the contents by date (by clicking on the column), do you see your exported MP3’s then?

lawkholmelad1
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    You must be one patient guy. Sorry response delayed due to legit demands on my personal time.
    Here goes:
    when I open Windows Explorer I fail to find C:UserswindowsmusiciTunes to browse etc.
    When I x2 click Music Library – then click iTunes a screen opens showing all the song titles I have successfully introduced into iTunes (and can copy to iPod) PLUS titles I have recently “multiply exported” but have yet to appear in my iTunes library of “playable” MP3 files.
    These song titles in my Music Library appear arranged by folder but with preceding ikons (green and 2 shades of blue) which I do not recognise and which do not permit me to do anything further with then to include them in my iTunes library of playable titles. If I click on any of these entries I am presented with additional (nuisance) copies.
    When I x2 click “iTunes Music”, the screen changes to present an option “Automatically add to iTunes”. This reads like the Holy Grail but left and right clicking seem to offer no salvation.
    I am still banjaxxed. If any thread of this devious route is going to get me where I want to be, it suggests a journey too long in the taking.
    Hope you can see a solution.
    Lawkholmelad1

lawkholmelad1
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Please explain how I can complete the following
    ” It should then only be a matter of putting them in the directory monitored by iTunes.”

It would appear that herein lies a solution – if only I knew how to complete this action

Thanks again
    Lawkholmelad1

mattb
    Participant

Hi again,

C:UserswindowsmusiciTunes is the folder you said you saved your Audacity exports into, so it must exist right?

We need to make sure that you’re saving the files correctly first, are you able to browse to the Audacity export folder in Windows Explorer?

When you first set up iTunes you can choose folders for it to monitor, adding another file or folder is as simple as going to the file menu and choosing “Add File to Library…” or “Add Folder to Library”.

It’s getting a little tricky to follow you from just the text, you’re on Windows 7 right? Is there any chance you can use the problem steps recorder so I can get a better idea?

lawkholmelad1
    Participant

Thanks again, Matt.
    I wangled a way by exporting to Desktop where I knew I could find the files. Messy! And then dragged them into iTunes.
    Followed your advice to Browse and now am able to find the files I have exported. All seems to be OK now – Thanks to you.
    I have files I have exported littered all over My Music – eg audacity files and _data files. Is it safe to remove any of these for goodhousekeeping? Where do I locate problem steps recorder?
    Thanks again.

mattb
    Participant

Hi again, the problem steps recorder can be found on the Start menu, it’s a standard Windows 7 component but it sounds as if you’ve solved the problem anyway.

The Audacity files are probably project files. When you work on a project in Audacity, it needs to save more information than is in a typical mp3 or other sound file. If you delete the audacity files you will have to start from scratch if you want to edit your music files further, but other than that they are not needed.

lawkholmelad1
    Participant

MANY THANKS !!

mattb
    Participant

No problem, if you have any further questions let us know 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger