Categories Menu

Please note - We've migrated our forums to Wordpress

Users with 0 posts have been deleted, existing users will need to create a new password. Sign up or sign in here.

problems with downloading pictures

Home Forums Introductions problems with downloading pictures

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mattb 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

southgate2010
    Participant

I recently got Windows 7. I have a Toshiba laptop. I take lots of photos and put them on my external drive. I use an Olympus program for my editing of photos but with a Lumix camera. That is the way I like it and it has always worked for me BEFORE I installed Win7. I now work on the photos then when I go back to the program where I have saved them, they are in the orginal form. I finally discovered my pics I had worked on in RECENT CHANGES. I finally figured out where they were but I can’t work like this with say 50 photos and they not be IN MY CAMERA PROGRAM and NOT ON MY EXTERNAL DRIVE where I am familiar with them being. Help.
    Can I totally delete the PICTURES file in that folders icon that appears in the task bar at the bottom, and they will be downloaded where I want them to be? This is so confusing. I need to make some slide shows and I can’t find or work with the pics I have edited. PLEASE tell me there is a simple solution for this. Sincerely and wanting to get out pics of my grandson… me 😯

mattb
    Participant

Hi Southgate, welcome to the forum.

I’m a little confused reading your post, and I’m not sure what program you are using, can you use the “Save As” option in your program to save your photos to another location?

southgate2010
    Participant

Dear MattB
    the whole problem is that I can’t seem to get my pictures in the place I want them on my external drive once I have edited them because they go into RECENT CHANGES in the library. I do not like the library set up. How can I change that? Also to get anywhere I have to go to USERS, then my name, then the programs… too much hierarchy for me…
    I am using an Olympus camera editing program I have used forever. I have Windows 7 newly installed. I know I need to go look at some tutorials but it is a little overwhelming at first not being able to find your way around.
    In retrospect maybe it is the LIBRARY thing I have to overcome or learn how to navigate. That way when I want to download and save my pics in my program they will stay there??????
    Thanks for any help you can give me..

mattb
    Participant

The libraries in Windows 7 simply provide an aggregate view of the files stored in your own documents folder and the public documents folders. (so in the case of pictures, that will be your own personal pictures folder and the public pictures folder). I suspect “Recent Changes” is something you are seeing in your Olympus program, I don’t think this is an actual folder, but simply a view of files that you edited recently.

Also to get anywhere I have to go to USERS, then my name, then the programs… too much hierarchy for me…

You can use the “Pictures” short-cut from the Start Menu to get to the same place.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger