Categories Menu

Please note - We've migrated our forums to Wordpress

Users with 0 posts have been deleted, existing users will need to create a new password. Sign up or sign in here.

Programs included in the download

Home Forums Superguides Programs included in the download

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dino23 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dino23
    Participant

I have recently installed theW7 Superguide 2, and have a question about two of the programs included in the download.
    For checking that software is up to date, I have the Secunia PSI 2.0 installed, and this shows that two of the programs included in the W7 Superguide 2 are “insecure”. Does this really require any action, or can it be ignored?

The first is PHP. This is shown as being version 5.2, and as “end of life”, and no longer supported. There is a new version 5.3.

The second is Apache versions 2.2.6, and 2.2.15. The latest version, 2.2.20 is described as “patching one or more vunerabilities”.

If any action is required, please can anyone advise on how should this be done?

mattb
    Participant

Hi again Dino,

I really need to put this in the FAQ as Secunia PSI is quite a good little program. No action is needed because the versions of PHP and Apache that are included are specially designed for running a local webserver product and do not connect to the internet.

Dino23
    Participant

Thankyou Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger