Categories Menu

Please note - We've migrated our forums to Wordpress

Users with 0 posts have been deleted, existing users will need to create a new password. Sign up or sign in here.

Reverse white text on black in Word

Home Forums Off topic Reverse white text on black in Word

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mattb 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dino23
    Participant

I have a pdf which is in effect a black document with white text. I have converted this to Word, and now want to have it appear as black text on white – the norm. The reason for this is that I wish to make a printed copy.

Attempts to change this in Word have not been successful. Although the font colour can be changed to black, and using Borders and Shading, the background of this text changed to white, but the rest of the page remains black.

The purpose of attempting this change was to avoid printing largely black pages.

I have been searching for some time for a method of overall reversal. but so far have not found one. Does anyone have a suggestion, please?

mattb
    Participant

Hi Dino,

I’ve not used Microsoft Word in some time, but I’ll see if I can look into this for you if you’re still struggling, you didn’t mention which version of Word you are using though, can you let me know?

Dino23
    Participant

Thanks Matt,

I am using 2007 Word

Dino23
    Participant

Matt, thank you for your offer to look at this but I now think it is not worth spending more time on it.

The pdf is of an E-manual for a “smart” TV . Using it via the screen while setting up and adjusting the various options is not easy – hence my attempt to print it. Not however on a black page background, which has real problems. The manual is not a simple white on black style – there are many shots of diplays, and several key colours. This may be much of the problem in not being able to successfully change from white on a black page to the opposite.

I have now a plan B. I will download to my laptop and read the manual from there while working on the TV set up.

Thankyou again for your offer.

mattb
    Participant

Hi Dino,

I’ve not been able to look at this as soon as I hoped, being a convert to OpenOffice for some time now, but I will keep looking for an answer just in case. One quick and dirty solution would be to try and copy and paste just the text you wanted to print into something like Notepad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger