Categories Menu

Please note - We've migrated our forums to Wordpress

Users with 0 posts have been deleted, existing users will need to create a new password. Sign up or sign in here.

System Image and other Back Up devices

Home Forums General Windows discussion System Image and other Back Up devices

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mattb 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MikeyChris
    Participant

I just bought my wife a Toshiba laptop with Win 7 Home Premium. I have made the Toshiba recovery DVD’s, the Win 7 System Repair Disk and am trying to make a System Image and setup BACK UP. However, the only drive BACKUP and RESTORE will let me use is the DVD drive. When I try to select a hard drive, none show up in the drop down list. I have a 500GB internal HDD in the laptop, a 2TB external USB drive on a HOME NETWORK computer running Win 7 Pro mapped to th laptop, and another large hard drive on another networked computer that is mapped to the laptop as well (however that computer runs on XP, so I guess that is why it won’t let me use it). I would prefer to save the image to an HDD instead of 4 or 5 DVD’s for obvious reasons. Any idea why the HDD’s don’t show up in BACKUP & RESTORE?
    Thanx

mattb
    Participant

Hi Mikey,

Well you can’t use the computers internal drive since that’s the drive you’re backing up and Windows Backup won’t let you do that. Since you’re running Windows 7 Home Premium, you cannot backup to a mapped network drive either, as only Windows 7 Professional supports that.

You could always purchase Acronis True Image if you require network backup functionality.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger