Categories Menu

Please note - We've migrated our forums to Wordpress

Users with 0 posts have been deleted, existing users will need to create a new password. Sign up or sign in here.

Windows 7

Home Forums General Windows discussion Windows 7

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mattb 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bempton
    Participant

Hello everyone,

How can I stop Win 7 windows opening in a reduced size. I can restore them by using the cursor but I am sure that there is a means of making the normal size the default no matter how many times I reduce the window.

Thanks.

mattb
    Participant

Hi Bempton,

The windows should remember the last size you had set for them, is this not the case?

bempton
    Participant

Hello Mattb,

No it doesn’t for some reason. I remember that in previous Windows there was a fix that would guarantee that however much you messed up the window it always reverted to full size on re-boot.

The reason I am having problems is because I have been involved in writing a manual for Beginners which includes Floating windows and so I have been experimenting.

Kind regards,

bempton

mattb
    Participant

Not something I’ve come across in my own experiences but I’d be interested to see if we can solve it. Try resizing your window to the size you want and then holding down the control key on the keyboard before closing it, does that make any difference to the size the window is when you open it again?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger