Windows 8 Superguide
Master Microsoft’s new hybrid operating system easily and painlessly with our Windows 8 Superguide DVD-ROM or digital download!
$10 (download version) buy now!
$10 (+S&H, DVD version) buy now!
|Buy the e-book for your kindle here!||Prefer physical textbooks? Get yours here!|
For technical support and updates to this product, click here.
The Windows 8 Superguide is the latest in our successful range of Superguide training courses. These guides are designed to offer training courses for those of you who want to master a certain topic or application. You can read more about the Superguides by clicking here. Now fully updated and revised for Windows 8.1 Update 1, the Windows 8 Superguide is better than ever.
Windows 8 is here in a flurry of controversy! The new operating system is the most radical departure since Windows 95. In this guide, we cover the entire spectrum of Windows 8, from the touch optimized tiles to the productivity power-house of the desktop. Thanks to this Superguide, learning this new operating system just got a whole lot easier.
Whether you are new to computers entirely or just new to Windows 8, this Superguide will help you to get the most out of the operating system, no matter what kind of PC you are using. The guide contains no less than 66 lessons and 63 video tutorials (each provided in three different resolutions to suit a wide range of monitors) as well as printable lesson notes and worksheets.
Ready to order? Click here to check the system requirements or read on to find out more…
The DVD-ROM/Download contains the following lessons:-
- Lesson 1 – Starting your new Windows 8 PC
- Lesson 2 – The new Start Screen
- Lesson 3 – Multitasking with Tiles
- Lesson 4 – Searching your Windows 8 PC
- Lesson 5 – The Settings Charm
- Lesson 6 – The Share Charm
- Lesson 7 – Tile Snap
- Lesson 8 – Mail
- Lesson 9 – The People App
- Lesson 10 – Messaging
- Lesson 11 – Photos
- Lesson 12 – The App Store
- Lesson 13 – Music and Video
- Lesson 14 – The News and Sport apps
- Lesson 15 – Travel, Finance, Weather
- Lesson 16 – Maps
- Lesson 17 – Skydrive
- Lesson 18 – Introduction to the Desktop
- Lesson 19 – Windows on the Windows 8 Desktop
- Lesson 20 – Exploring File Explorer
- Lesson 21 – Advanced File Explorer Techniques
- Lesson 22 – Working With Folders
- Lesson 23 – Working With Multiple Files And Folders
- Lesson 24 – Libraries
- Lesson 25 – Folder Properties
- Lesson 26 – Folder Options
- Lesson 27 – The Recycle Bin
- Lesson 28 – Computer
- Lesson 29 – More About The Taskbar
- Lesson 30 – The Notification Area
- Lesson 31 – Search Is Everywhere
- Lesson 32 – Planning A Backup Strategy
- Lesson 33 – Configuring File History Backup
- Lesson 34 – Restoring Files From File History
- Lesson 35 – Creating System Repair Media
- Lesson 36 – Creating And Modifying User Accounts
- Lesson 37 – The Low Down On User Account Controls
- Lesson 38 – Updating Your PC
- Lesson 39 – Privacy Options
- Lesson 40 – Windows Firewall
- Lesson 41 – Windows Defender
- Lesson 42 – Customizing The Mouse
- Lesson 43 – Customizing Start Screen Tiles
- Lesson 44 – Customizing the Start Screen
- Lesson 45 – Notification Options
- Lesson 46 – Installing New Desktop Software
- Lesson 47 – Legacy Software And Compatibility
- Lesson 48 – Changing The Desktop Background
- Lesson 49 – Changing Screen Savers
- Lesson 50 – Windows 8 Desktop Themes
- Lesson 51 – Devices And Printers
- Lesson 52 – Choosing An ISP And Networking Hardware
- Lesson 53 – Internet Explorer 10 on the Desktop
- Lesson 54 – More On IE10
- Lesson 55 – Internet Explorer 10 – Tile version
- Lesson 56 – Homegroups
- Lesson 57 – Introducing Windows Media Player 12
- Lesson 58 – Ripping CD’s
- Lesson 59 – Wrapping Up Media Player
- Lesson 60 – Uninstalling Software
- Lesson 61 – The Disk Cleanup Utility
- Lesson 62 – Disk Defragmentation
- Lesson 63 – System Restore Utility
- Lesson 64 – Refresh Your PC
- Lesson 65 – The Task Manager
- Popular Windows Software
All the videos included in our Windows 8 basics section are included in the Superguide in super high resolutions and with improved audio quality. For those of you who need help with your basic computer skills, we have also included the best beginner tutorials from Top-Windows-Tutorials.com.
Unleash the true potential of your new Windows 8 machine, be it tablet, hybrid, laptop or desktop, with the Windows 8 Superguide. There is no better beginners course available anywhere!
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later and 256mb RAM OR Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 and 512mb RAM
- DVD ROM drive or DVD writer drive (for the DVD version)
- At least 3 Gigabytes of hard drive space (for the digital download version)
- Video content requires audio output and speakers
Order now on DVD
To order the Windows 8 Superguide on DVD, for $10 plus shipping, click here. That’s MUCH cheaper than most sites sell basic e-books for! We are confident you won’t find an easier, quicker way to learn Windows 8 on the internet at any price. We ship to most destinations worldwide!
Or buy the Windows 8 Superguide as a digital download!
We can deliver the Windows 8 Superguide in both DVD and digital download formats! Both versions of the guide contain identical content. The digital download version is 2 gigabytes in size and may take several hours to download depending on the speed of your connection (do not use this service on dial-up connections). Approximate download times are given below:-
512 Kbps (mid-band connections) – 9 hours
1mbps (entry-level broadband) – 4 hours 30 mins
1.544 Mbps (DS1, T1) – 3 hours
2.048 Mbps (E1, ISDN-32, Common ADSL) – 2 hours 20 mins
10 Mbps (10Base-T, Cable internet) – 30 minutes
The download comes in two parts, you should download each part and back them up immediately. The digital download version is priced at $10 US Dollars and of course you pay no postage or delivery charges.
Use the button below to buy the Windows 8 Superguide digital download through Clickbank. Your payment details will be secured using Clickbank’s SSL encrypted server. Remember that with this service you will receive a download link only, you will not receive a physical product. Note that your credit card will show a transaction from Clickbank, not Top-Windows-Tutorials.
Corporate, education and charity customers
We offer very competitive discounts for bulk purchases from corporations, schools and colleges, businesses, charities or government entities. For details, please contact us here.
ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank’s role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.
Windows and Windows 8 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by Microsoft, nor have they been reviewed tested or certified by Microsoft.
Customers can now submit their own reviews for the Windows 8 Superguide. We welcome any feedback, good or bad! If you have purchased the Windows 8 Superguide and would like to leave a review for other customers to read, please click on the “Create your own review” button below. We will publish all genuine reviews and moderate for offensive language/content only.
Submit your review
Note - This review was published on Amazon.com for the Kindle e-book version. All the e-book content and much more is included in the DVD/Digital download Superguide, of course.
This book in my opinion is a MUST HAVE book if you are new to Windows 8.
For me, I have found this book to be so helpful as it allowed me to be much more comfortable using Windows 8 and find my way around Windows 8 easily! Therefore, I will share with you the reasons why I am recommending this book to you:
1) There are 12 chapters in this book and each chapter has several very useful lessons in them. There is a total of 65 lessons in this book and each lesson has a picture or pictures that are large enough to visually see what to do in the lesson. Also, each lesson is very easy to follow and understand as every lesson is explained superbly! *What I love about the lessons is that it is like having a caring teacher sitting next to me showing me how to complete different tasks in Windows 8.
2) This book covers many things especially in the first part of the book where the authors show you how this book will benefit you in Windows 8. This is a complete textbook and reference book.
3) Each CHAPTER with lessons is in the exact order of the step by steps you will need to get you up and running and learning Windows 8. For example, Chapter ONE covers starting your computer for the first time in Windows 8 and how to personalize your computer, how to set up the computer, sign up for Microsoft Account, Lock Screen, Start Screen, Login screen. All of this is shown with actual pictures of what your screen will look like complete with step by step info on how to use this task.
***My personal tips for you: If you have a NON TOUCH laptop or desktop, you will love this! To get you started in Windows 8, you will need to remember just these two sets of combo keys will be your best friends where Windows 8 is concerned:
*Windows Key + D will bring you right onto the Desktop (yes, it will look so comforting, kind of like the Windows 7 Desktop but with no Start Button). On the Desktop you can create shortcuts to your favorite applications. And for me, I placed MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Foxfire, and more---no more hunting in those tiles to find a program!
* Windows Key + C. This brings you to the Charms menu where you can: Power Off your computer, Search, Settings, Devices, Start. (The Charms menu does so many things as the SETTINGS (on the bottom, the cog looking wheel) has many settings and you will find Control Panel (you will use this often), shows how many bars you have on the Internet and if the Internet is connected, speaker setting for sound, and other useful personal settings for your computer. The BEST thing is that this is where your Power Button is located (to turn off the computer), this is located on the bottom of the bottom center and it will let you select: Sleep, Shutdown or Restart.
4) Every chapter in this book is full of helpful information that I have found has helped me greatly. This book is a superb reference book, one that I plan to read whenever I need to look something up, it already has led me to use Windows 8 effectively.
Highly recommend this book.
(Conroe, Texas USA)
I have been using Microsoft products since before the original Windows was released and I find Windows 8 to be the best version yet. Of course there is a somewhat big learning curve, but that is to be expected when a completely different software version comes along. I will admit that I was stumped by several features and tried using various help sites and books. I have found, however, that the Windows 8 Superguide is the best teaching software available. I have tried other tutorials, but this one offers the most information in a very easy to digest, interesting, and colorful form. I highly recommend this product.